CLEANING GUIDE FOR DICKSON FABRICS
Dickson fabrics have all the necessary characteristics to use outside and you should not encounter any specific problems if you respect the following recommendations:
- The awning system should be positioned in such a way that there is perfect tension of the fabric with no rubbing. This tension will avoid the forming of pockets of water in the event of rain.
- In the event of high winds, retract the awning.
- In the rain, the awning can be left out, but avoid retracting it damp and leaving it for a long period of time. If for different reasons, you must retract it when damp, let it out as soon as you can to allow it to dry.
This advice is given to you even though the canvas is rot proof from nature because there is always the risk in the long term, of dirt deposits or atmospheric pollution which can rot.
- Dust and dry fabric as thoroughly as possible to remove all surface particles by vacuuming, air blasting, beating or brushing.
- For fingerprints or grease stains, use soapy water.
- For watermarks, sponge out as much as you can and rub gently with a moist cloth.
- For the best possible result: use the Tex'Aktiv Clean and Guard products, recommended by Dickson.
ADDITIONAL CARE TIPS
- Do not use bleach to clean the fabric since it will damage the top coating on the surface.
- Make sure the fabric is cleaned once a month so the impurities will be removed and this will avoid fungus/algae on the fabric.
- Always use mild detergent or shampoo to clean the fabrics and brush it off with a soft surfaced brush.